The most proven and trusted way to find Green Card jobs and visa sponsorship - Solution Center
Current User Login 
Back to Solution Center
H o m e
Green Card Jobs
Green Card Lottery
Green Card by Marriage
Green Card by Family
Find Green Card Jobs >
Professional Assistance:
~ Green Card Announce
~ Green Card Express
H1B Visa Information
Find H1B Jobs >
Professional Assistance:
H2B Visa Information
Find H2B Jobs >
Universities / Colleges
Employers / Sponsors
Attorney Visa Filing
Contact Us
Partners / Resellers
Privacy Policy
Useful Links
What is a TRAVEL DOCUMENT and who needs one?

You may need permission to return to the United States after traveling abroad, or before leaving the U.S. on an emergency, if you are not a U.S. citizen. This permission is granted through a travel document. There are several types of travel documents that aliens (including legal permanent residents) must obtain if they wish to re-enter the country after travel outside of the U.S. Travel documents may also be granted to people who want to travel outside the US, but cannot get a passport from their country of nationality.

Caution: Due to recent changes to U.S. immigration law, travel outside of the United States may have severe consequences for aliens who are in the process of adjusting their status, extending their nonimmigrant stay, or changing their nonimmigrant status. Upon return, these aliens may be found inadmissible, their applications may be denied, or both. It is important that the alien obtain the proper documentation before leaving the U.S.

Re-admission into the U.S. is not guaranteed. In all cases, the alien is still subject to immigration inspection at a port of entry to determine whether the alien is admissible into the country.

Unlawful Presence
Under the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, aliens who depart the United States after being unlawfully present in the United States for certain periods may be barred from admission, even if they have obtained Advance Parole. Those aliens unlawfully present in the United States for more than 180 days but less than one year and depart voluntarily before the start of removal proceedings are inadmissible for three years; those who are unlawfully present for one year or more are inadmissible for ten years.

> How to File For a Re-Entry Permit - Click Here

> How to File For Advance Parole - Click Here

> Refugee Travel Document - Click Here

> Humanitarian Parole - Click Here

> How to File - Click Here

> When and Where to File - Click Here

> How To Find Out the Status of Your Application
To check the status of your application, you can contact the USCIS office that received your application. You will have to provide the specific information about your application.

> How To Appeal
If your application for a REENTRY PERMIT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT is denied, the denial letter will provide full instructions on how to appeal. Typically, you may appeal within 33 days of receiving the denial. Your appeal must be filed on USCIS Form I-290B. The appeal must be filed with the office that made the original decision. After your appeal form and a required fee are processed, the appeal will be referred to the Administrative Appeals Unit (AAU) in Washington, DC. (Sending the appeal and fee directly to the AAU will delay the process.)

If your application for ADVANCE PAROLE is denied, you will receive a letter that will tell you why the application was denied. You will not be allowed to appeal a negative decision to a higher authority. However, you may submit a motion to reopen or a motion to reconsider with the office that made the unfavorable decision. By filing these motions, you may ask the office to reexamine or reconsider their decision. A motion to reopen must state the new facts that are to be provided in the reopened proceeding and must be accompanied by affidavits or other documentary evidence. A motion to reconsider must establish that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or USCIS policy, and further establish that the decision was incorrect based on the evidence in the file at the time the decision was made.

More information can be found at your Local Immigration Office - Click Here

IMPORTANT ** Help Your Friends - Tell Them About This Page - Click Here**


Important Disclaimer! - the information provided on this page or ANY page within is not legal advice.
Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney.
To view full Legal Disclaimer - click here is owned and operated by H1 Base, Incorporated. Registered U.S. Corporation.

  Disclaimer | Terms and Conditions | Copyright 2000 - 2019